We only stock high-quality teak furniture and back this with a full 24 mount manufacturer warranty.
All our furniture is handmade and therefore whilst soundly and structurally strong will not be flawlessly uniform. It will have some natural colour variation as we do not use chemical colour levellers on our furniture as we believe them to be carcinogenic. We use dowels in most joins as they are visually more appealing than metal and much longer lasting.
To understand what is covered in the warranty it is important to understand what naturally happens to teak when it’s used outdoors and how to maintain it.
Wear & Tear
- All our teak timber comes from Java and Sulewesi is plantation certified.
- Teak has a very high natural oil content which protects it and enables it to withstand the elements. This natural oil will rise to the surface when it’s exposed to the sun’s UV rays. This process will make the oil oxidise and produce a residue that makes the surface become silver grey. This whole process is a natural feature of teak timber.
- During this process, the teak will develop some minor cracks which are also part of the having wood furniture outdoors but will not in any way undermine the strength of the furniture. These minor cracks will mostly appear at the end of armrests, on top of legs, etc.
- Like any timber, teak will show small movements as it expands and contracts with the heat and cold. This may result in timber slats moving slightly.
- Stainless steel or brass joints are exposed to continuous movement and so it is important to check the nuts and bolts regularly.
Although teak furniture barely needs any cleaning, care or treatment, it is important to look after it.
Clean the furniture with warm and soapy water regularly to remove dirt, normal stains and mouldy residue.
- Stubborn stains (e.g red wine, grease, body fluids) will mostly disappear due to the sun’s UV and rain but may sometimes need a gentle sand with 150 grit to remove stubborn stains from the surface.
- The occurrence of the patina (silver grey layer) can be avoided by applying teak oil which will lead into a honey coloured look. The best time to do this is approximately three weeks after it has been exposed to the elements outside. Clean the timber with soapy water and apply the teak oil with a brush. To get the best result usually, two coats are needed. It is not recommended to use any other oil then Teak Oil. We recommend Feast Watson Teak Oil. After approximately a year you will need to apply the oil again. It’s recommended to sand the furniture back before you follow the previous steps.
- Do not move the furniture between extreme temperatures (e.g from a heated room to outside in the winter) as it may cause the timber/joints to crack.
- Use the furniture only for the purpose for which it was designed (e.g. don’t sit on armrests, etc.. )
- Do not expose the furniture to extreme temperatures (e.g. a hot saucepan on the table top without a placemat) It will leave marks on the furniture.
- Cushions must be stored or covered when not in use to ensure foam longevity
Our warranty includes and is subject to the following conditions:
- Manufacturing faults.
- Major cracks in the timber.
- We reserve the right to repair or replace the item
- All warranty claims must be assessed before approval. You may be required to submit photographs of fault.
- The warranty is applicable only when proper product care as explained in the previous paragraph has been applied.
- Please Note that our warranty on Folding Dining Chairs is only valid bearing loads of no more than 85 kilograms.
- Please Note that our warranty on Fixed Dining Chairs is only valid bearing loads of no more than 100 kilograms.
Our Warranty Excludes:
Please lift your teak furniture when moving it. The Teak Place Warranty does not cover damage from furniture being dragged.
- Damage to the furniture in any way that is out of the control of the supplier.
- Damage caused by spills.
- Normal wear and tear as described above.
- Damages due to the appliance of different teak or other oils/stains or chemicals.
- Any products that have been altered after original purchase
- We have a manufacturing fault warranty on cushion Cushions valid for 6months from date of purchase.
- Full Warranty is not applicable to clearance products or floor stock items (any marks or defects will be listed in notes section of order and customer will be required to sign copy stating they have sighted the issue)
Change of mind purchases may be exchanged only. Notice of a wish to exchange an item must be made within 3 days of delivery. And product must be returned within 7 days of purchase. Cost of transport for the exchange is the responsibility of the customer.
All natural wood products have a tendency to shrink, expand and move in the sun and rain.
Please expect about a 3% movement (shrink, expand, bowing, movement) in your teak furniture which will appear naturally.